The Difference Between Angel Tarot Cards And Tarot Cards
What are angel tarot cards?
Angel tarot cards are a divination tool but are sometimes mixed with traditional major/minor arcana.
Historically, angel decks are new compared to traditional tarot. The angel tarot card deck popped up in the 1800s, quite a while after the original deck (which appeared in the 15th century).
The deck was created as a way to connect with ancient angelic beings or supreme angelic beings. This will help you gain insight and get some divine and inspiring guidance from the spiritual realm.
The deck generally features beautiful illustrations of angels, heavenly creatures, divine beings, and symbols. Each card has a unique message, connecting the physical and spiritual worlds for divine intervention. Traditional angel decks usually consist of 36 to 100 cards.
Angel tarot decks focus on providing positive, uplifting, and gentle guidance. The decks bring detailed and accurate forecasts from a higher being from a place of love and care. It’s a great way to connect with your instincts and gently guide you in the right direction with some celestial magic.
What are tarot cards?
Where exactly did this occult deck come from? It’s estimated that the origins of these cards are from the early 1400s in Northern Italy; tarot cards created a fun way to spend the day in Italy.
That’s right – originally, tarot cards were a game! As time passed, they evolved into a tool for spiritual exploration and sacred divination.
These cards are different from the gentle and angelic vibes of the angel tarot card deck. Traditional tarot is about deep symbolism and archetypal imagery. In other words, they don’t exactly beat around the bush! A standard tarot deck has 78 cards, split into the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana.
The Major Arcana has powerful cards, like “The Fool,” that you’ve probably heard of before, showing you some important life lessons in a major way.
The Minor Arcana is more for everyday things that you experience, like work challenges and family drama. They provide spiritual guidance for these issues. The decks generally require understanding and interpreting skills, while angel tarot cards are simple.
The illustrations on them vary depending on the deck but usually have the same scene in different styles. These range from standard sword cards to mythical creatures, heavenly beings, and divine symbols.
Learning the deck takes time, getting used to their meanings, trusting your intuition, and connecting to the message. Every card has detailed and accurate forecasts, and it’s up to you – or a tarot reader – to decipher them.
What are Oracle cards?
Oracle cards are also used for divination, much like tarot deck and angel tarot cards, but they’re much simpler.
The deck has a structured 78-card system, and angel deck has simple angelic themes, but oracle decks can be just 12 cards, though most are around 30. They’re not exactly traditional; there is no fixed method to interpret them, and the deck is small.
Tarot decks have a set structure with Major and Minor Arcana, and the angel deck is focused on angelic messages, but oracle cards are more open to interpretation. They come in various styles, including ancient magical grimoires or religious texts.
They don’t give detailed and accurate forecasts but will explore any topic. They’re generally used as a simple way to get a daily message for guidance, but many people mix them in and use them with traditional tarot card readings.
Reading The Deck
Before you get your deck ready, it helps to get into the right frame of mind to get an accurate reading. Everyone is different – sometimes your accompanying guidebook will give you tips, but it’s personal.
You can start with a short prayer to your Angelic hierarchy. This depends on the angels you feel most connected to, from the Seraphim to archangels.
Some people like to set crystals on the deck before starting – clear quartz is great for expanding the energy and magical effectiveness of the deck. Light some incense if that’s your thing. Ultimately, do what feels right for you.
There are two ways to go about shuffling and spreading angel tarot cards. Some people like to shuffle traditionally and set up a purposeful spread of cards – we’ll get to that in a moment.
The other option is completely instinctual:
- Gently shuffle the angel deck – halving them is easiest.
- Focus your energy on them.
- Allow cards to fall out or stop when your intuition tells you to.
You can also halve the deck several times and allow cards to stick out naturally – these are your chosen cards to read.
- Past, present, and future. Place three cards before you, and go from left to right or closest to farthest. The past card will first represent events and emotions from the past. It can show you how you’ve grown from them or indicate a lingering trauma you must address.The second card will show you the present – what you’re experiencing right now and will offer some guidance. The future card will suggest what might be coming soon and how to prepare for it. This is a pretty accurate reading, one you can keep consistent throughout your life journey.
- The four-card reading. Choose four angel tarot cards and lay them out in a pattern that feels comfortable to you. They will represent love, family, career, and money from left to right. You’re welcome to gain guidance from these decks, prepare for an upcoming problem, or ask them a meaning. You must trust your instincts when reading these over what your guidance book might tell you.
- The quick read. This way of reading the deck is far simpler than the others. It’s more of an on-the-go solution or something to try when you’re especially frustrated. You grab one from the deck and either ask it a question or accept the guidance it offers in the present moment.
After your chosen reading, take the time to carefully put away your angel tarot cards and thank your angels for the magical effectiveness of their guidance. You can do this however you want – a conscious, gentle packing up of the deck or a small prayer of gratitude.
What does an angel on a tarot card mean?
An angel on a tarot card traditionally represents self-restraint. They are also a symbol of communication, whether this is your own personal communication skills or divine intervention through spiritual guidance.
What is the most powerful tarot card?
The Fool is generally considered the most powerful card in the deck. It represents limitless potential and the beginning of a grand new adventure.