3.5 mm Wind Resistant Microphone
This Wind Resistant External Microphone will ensure all audio you capture on your paranormal investigation is high-quality and free from background interference.
What does it do?
The 3.5 mm Wind Resistant External Microphone is a key piece of equipment for capturing high-quality EVPs throughout a paranormal investigation. This microphone is incredibly sensitive and wind-resistant, meaning you will get much less interruption in the sound and will be able to listen to EVPs at a higher quality.
Don’t forget to follow us on YouTube to check out our other products
Subscribe to SpiritShack on YouTube
This microphone is professionally built with ghost hunting and paranormal investigations in mind. It is designed to improve the sound quality of videos, as most video capturing devices do not record very high-quality sound. You can use the microphone with smartphones, cameras, camcorders, audio recorders, PCs, and any other recording devices with a 3.5 mm connector.
This SpiritShack Ghost-Hunting Livestream Microphone is a great piece of equipment if you are conducting your paranormal investigation outdoors. This is because it is highly wind resistant. If you are just using your phone or video camera, it can be difficult to capture EVP’s as they are more common than not weak signals, and can be difficult to capture in an environment where there is a lot of other background noise. This will block all the other noise, giving you perfect, high-quality EVP’s and disembodied voices. This is an essential piece of ghost hunting equipment.
- Cardioid Microphone is high-quality and professional
- Highly sensitive to sound coming from the front
- Wide frequency response: 35-18KHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: -42dB +/-1dB / 0dB = 1V/Pa, 1KHz, high SNR: 76dB SPL
- Crystal clear sound
- Included is TRRS & TRS cable with 3.5 mm connector
- Included is a furry wind shield which can effectively minimize the noise of wind
- Included is a handy shockproof mount for you to mount the mic on a hot shoe
- Phone holder not included
- Plug in and play instantly!
- No batteries required, just connect to your device
- Sturdy metal construction
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to carry around
- Included is a portable carry bag
How does the wind resistant microphone work?
The 3.5 mm Wind Resistant Microphone helps by capturing low-frequency EVPs which would otherwise be incredibly difficult for the ear to pick up. It is regarded within the paranormal investigation community that paranormal entities, ghosts and spirits are made up of electromagnetic energy, and can create sounds which are known as EVPs or Electronic Voice Phenomenons.
This Wind Resistant Microphone will allow you to pick up extremely low-frequency sounds that we would be unable to hear with just our ears. This EVP Recorder is a great piece of equipment for paranormal investigators and any individual who is hoping to capture high-quality EVPs. The benefit of this mic is that if you attach it to your recording equipment, you can then listen back to the recordings at an incredibly high quality. This means you can play them backwards, forwards, or slow them down and speed them up to analyse your findings much more thoroughly, leading to more conclusive evidence.
- Brand: BOYA
- Model: BY-MM1
- Material: Rugged Metal Construction
- Transducer: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 35-18KHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: -42dB +/-1dB / 0dB = 1V/Pa, 1KHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 76dB SPL
- Plug: 3.5 mm TRS & TRRS Connector
- Item Size: 8.1 * 2.2 cm / 3.2 * 0.9″(L * D)
- Item Weight: 50g / 1.8oz
- Package Size: 15 * 13 * 6.5 cm / 5.9 * 5.1 * 2.6″
- Package Weight: 178.5g / 6.3oz
- 1 x Microphone
- 1 x Wind shield
- 2 x Audio Cable
- 1 x Shock Mount
- 1 x Carrying Bag
- 1 x User Manual (English)
How to use it
To use the microphone, simply attach it to whichever recording device you are using. This might be your phone, audio recorder, video recorder or camera. This mic benefits from a hot shoe mount, meaning you can attach it to pretty much any device with ease.
Alternatively, the structure of the device means you can hold it in your hand while walking around, which is a huge benefit of the occasional volatility of a paranormal investigation and having to move throughout an area. If you choose to attach it to your device and leave it in one area, it will work well autonomously. The device simply needs to be attached to some kind of recording device to work, so attach it and leave it, and you will be good to go.
When you have finished using the Spirit Shack Wind Resistant Microphone, simply pack it away in its handy carry case for the next paranormal investigation.