3.5 mm Microphone for Camera or Phone
Popular with ghost hunters everywhere, the 3.5 mm Camera Microphone allows you to capture even the lowest-frequency EVP signals.
What Does It Do?
The 3.5 mm Camera Microphone will give you perfect audio to enhance any video. You can use it to live-stream or record throughout your paranormal investigation. This microphone for ghost hunting is a favourite among TV producers. And with photography enthusiasts, home film producers and even home video producers.
This 3.5 mm Camera Microphone is a super-cardioid type pointing microphone. It comes with a 3.5 mm connector and a hot shoe mount at the bottom of the device. It’s a versatile piece of equipment you can attach to a range of filming equipment. You can mount it to your camera or smartphone rig, as most are compatible with 1/4-inch thread hot shoe mounts.
Don’t forget to follow us on YouTube to check out our other products
Subscribe to SpiritShack on YouTube
Having a high-quality microphone in your ghost-hunting kit is vital if you want to capture high-quality EVPs. Better sound allows you to produce better-quality YouTube and Facebook videos. Or higher quality live-streaming if that is something that you are doing.
- Works in all environments
- Hot shoe mount allows you to attach it to cameras and tripods
- Batteries last a long time
- High-quality sound
- A highly sensitive microphone to capture EVPs
- Designed to capture low-frequency sounds
- It deflects background noise and records only what you need to hear
- Includes a carry box for easy transport
How Does It Work?
The 3.5 mm Camera Microphone works by capturing both low and high-frequency sounds. It picks up a broader range of sound than the human ear can detect.
So, what is an EVP? An EVP is short for Electronic Voice Phenomenon. It’s a sound captured on an electronic recording device that we can’t hear. Many people interpret EVPs as spirit voices from a paranormal entity. Ghost hunters consider EVPs to be a form of supernatural phenomenon. While recording with your iPhone, you may hear a human voice from someone not in the room. And you only hear it when listening to the footage, for example.
It would help to have a highly sensitive microphone throughout your paranormal investigation. And it could be the difference between you capturing low-frequency EVPs or not. The 3.5 mm Camera Microphone allows you to capture these low-frequency EVPs with ease. You’ll be able to listen to them after recording and analyse them.
It is commonplace among paranormal investigators that messages, words and phrases are among EVP recordings. Sometimes, they are difficult to spot, and you may need to analyse the recording with software. You can play with the volume, noise reduction and playback speeds to find them.
The 3.5 mm Camera EVP Microphone is ideal for live-streaming and video recording. It is an excellent piece of equipment whether you are recording indoors or outdoors, and it works in all environments. It can be challenging to capture EVPs using a camera or smartphone to record your paranormal investigation. The reason is that cameras often have a low-quality microphone built-in. Using the 3.5 mm Camera Microphone ensures you capture high-quality audio. And it helps to block out any useless background noise which could corrupt your research.
- Condition: New
- Product Name: MIC-05 Microphone
- Monomer: Electrostatic Type Condenser Head
- Channel: Mono
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-16Hz
- Sensitivity Enhancement: +20dB ± 2dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 24 dB A
- Directivity: Super-Cardioid Pointing
- Output Impedance: 200% 30% (at 1kHz)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 130dB (THD ≤ 1 5% at 1KHz)
- Sensitivity: -45dB ± 3dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Voltage: AAA 1.5V alkaline battery power consumption ≤ 5mA (typical)
- Battery: AAA Alkaline Battery
- Battery Life: New batteries will last for 70–80 hours
- Product Weight: 41g
- Size: 138 mm x 60 mm / 5.43 x 2.36 inches
- Conforms to EU Electromagnetic Compatibility 2004/108/EC and FCC Part 15
How To Use It:
To use the 3.5 mm Wind Resistant Microphone, attach it to the recording device you are using. Like a smartphone or video camera, for example. It connects to any regular headphone jack, which allows you to use it with a wide variety of equipment.
Make sure the camera microphone’s loaded up with new batteries every time you use it. And ensure it lasts the entirety of your paranormal investigation.